Ingredients: Click to print
1 can 15 ounce pumpkin puree
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Custard: In a bowl, combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, and eggs. Add the sugars, flour, pumpkin spice, and salt. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Topping: In a different bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the butter, and with a fork, cut in the butter until it looks like crumbs.
- Stir in the buttermilk, and stir just until the mixture is combined.
- Drop the topping in dollops over the custard. Take a couple of extra teaspoons of sugar and sprinkle it over the top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream or a drizzle of heavy cream and top it off with your favorite nuts and caramel sauce.