Yes, My Lisa just started junior high! I can’t believe it! There is such a difference when your child leaves elementary school and goes to the big junior high. First of all, she grew 6 inches in 10 months,and now she wants to wear make up and she is especially worried about her smile. My daughters, are always looking on line to see what will give them a white and beautiful smile. It’s true, a smile is one of the first things that people notice about someone. A gorgeous smile isn’t achieved overnight, but take a variety of methods to help create and maintain. So I searched high and low to find the best tips to keep your smile glistening.
1. Floss Daily: Flossing removes plaque from between teeth and out from under the gum lines, where a toothbrush can’t reach. This will prevent tooth decay if done daily.
2. See Your Dentist Twice A Year: Having a routine every six months and having the regular cleaning will help promote good oral health as well as a beautiful smile.
3. Give up Smoking: Smoking causes stains to your teeth, which makes a dingy smile. Smoking also inhibits healthy gums, allowing the gums to recede and may make it difficult to reverse gum disease.
4. Limit Coffee, Tea & Red Wine: Drinks like these, are known to cause staining to the teeth. Drinking through a straw can help reduce the amount of stain on your teeth and may also help reduce the risk of tooth decay.
5.Choose Whitening Products Carefully: There are so many whitening products out there, these days, and it can be overwhelming. Take the time to do your research and use the product that best fits your needs.
6. Purchase a Quality Toothbrush: You get what you pay for! When it comes to toothbrushes, it’s no different. Make sure to change out your toothbrush every few months.
7. Drink Plenty of Water: Water is the healthiest drink for your smile and your body. It helps flush teeth clean and discourages tooth decay.
8. Brush Your Teeth Twice a Day: This a given, but even grown ups need to be reminded of this! Remember to do it for at least two minutes each time.
9. Watch What You Eat: The foods you consume can potentially have an adverse affect on your oral health. Foods high in sugar and other starches can boost your risk of cavities.
10. Chew Trident: Chew Trident for 20 minutes after eating and drinking helps to clean and protect teeth. In fact, 4 out of 5 Dentists surveyed would recommend Trident to their patients.
Whether you’re in the mood for a refreshing mint flavor like Spearmint or a delicious fruit flavor like Tropical Twist, Trident has you covered and helps fight cavities.
Trident has supported Oral Health America’s non-profit program Smiles Across America for the past 11 years, donating more than $2,500,000. This donation has helped more than two million under served children get preventative dental care so they can have a healthy smile, an important part of overall health.
During the week of September 20th, for each pack of Trident purchased, Trident will donate 5¢ to Smiles Across America, up to $250K. Void in AL, MA and SC.
I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other tips!