This egg and potato frittata is so quick and easy. It’s the perfect dish to make in advance for breakfast throughout the week. Enjoy it with leftover holiday ham or for a delicious Mother’s Day brunch! I used red chard after receiving it in my Door to Door Organic box, but you could easily substitute it with fresh Spinach. Swap the diced ham for crumbled sausage or bacon. It’s very versatile!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach or chard
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- Heat oven 400 degrees
- In a heavy cast iron or oven proof skillet, cook the potatoes, onion and ham in the olive oil until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with salt, pepper, cheese and spinach.
- Add to the skillet and stir together.
- Remove the skillet from the stop top and transfer carefully to the oven.
Bake approximately 15 minutes until the eggs are set. I love having a delicious breakfast like this everyday, but I don’t like cooking it everyday. Plus, on busy school days there is no way this is happening! This recipe saves the day for me. It heats back up very simply and with minimal clean up.