Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies
We love cookies at our house! And we are always looking for ways to make them a little healthier. Lisa would love it if I made chocolate chip cookies every day of the week, of course, we don’t.
This recipe makes big and juicy cookies and is sure to please the family.
1/2 cup dry quinoa
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup nutmeg
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
Directions: click to print
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil in a saucepan on low heat. Add quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly until quinoa pops, it will take 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, oats, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and popped quinoa. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar, until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, and then add the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture into a bowl and beat on low speed until well combined. With a spatula, stir in both kinds of chips.
- Form dough balls (about 3 Tablespoons) and place onto a parchment covered cookie sheet. Place them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes and then let cool for about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack.