If you are looking for an easy tutorial on how to make a princess crown out of paper, look no further.
I don’t know about you, but I have a lot of young and experienced princesses in my life. We couldn’t wait for the new Cinderella movie to come out because we love fairy tales and Disney!
It was magical, and what a great message. I have wanted to do this project for a while but this seemed to be the right time. I love this because it’s inexpensive, easy and beautiful!
I bought fabric stiffener months ago but couldn’t find the right lace, I found out, it really doesn’t matter the color or the size of the lace because it’s just the canvas for your creation.
I bought my fabric stiffener from Amazon but you can find it in any fabric store, it was only $5.09 a bottle. I also purchased my lace at Amazon because I wanted wider lace and I just couldn’t find it in my local fabric stores.
This is all you need!
- Measure your lace for the size of the crown you want and cut it. I used the cans in my kitchen to measure and they were perfect! To make smaller ones, I used a large vegetable can as my pattern.
- Pour the fabric stiffener into a plastic bowl.
- Wrap your cans with wax paper because you will be using them to dry your crowns. I didn’t do this and it was hard to get the lace off the cans.
- Completely cover the lace with the fabric stiffener and then wring it out the best as you can.
- Wrap the lace around the cans to dry. Make sure to get out all the wrinkles because it will dry the way you place it. The lace should stick but if it doesn’t, use a clothespin to secure the ends together.
- Once the lace dries, remove from the can. Since I didn’t use the wax paper, I removed mine when it was almost dry (it was pretty stiff at this time) and let it dry by sitting it on the table in the circular position with the clothespin, holding it together. Let dry completely!
- Now the fun begins! You can embellish any way you would like!
If your princess loves sparkles, this one is for you! Take a small brush and put a thin coat of modge podge on your crown and sprinkle glitter all over it.
Then attach the two ends of the crown with hot glue to complete your masterpiece.
This is the smaller crown and would be perfect for your cute baby. My 12-year-old, was so excited because it was perfect for her American Girl doll!
I have a couple of princesses that love PINK! It doesn’t matter what the color of your lace, you can paint it! I used craft paint and it went on super easy and dried really fast!
I wish I would have made these sooner! I’m in love with them. They would be perfect for a springtime tea party or a little girls princess birthday party.
You need to make these, you will be glad you did!