My family is getting so excited about the football playoffs! This is my favorite time of year to watch the football games, right before the Super bowl. Every Sunday there is a game on the TV and I don’t think there is a week that everyone agrees on what team they want to win. My hubby Mike played in high school and so did my boys and Cassie always watched football with her dad when she was little, even more than the boys!
You can’t have a afternoon of football without the right food! Am I right? My family loves wings! We have tried so many different flavors and this is one of our favorites. The mixture of seasonings make the wings so tender and juicy. Your guests will be drooling over your wings and you will have a hard decision to make……are you going to share?
1 package chicken wings (about 20 wings and drums)
5 Tablespoons white distilled vinegar
3 to 4 Tablespoons old bay seasoning (recipe follows)
1 to 2 teaspoons white salt
- Coat wings in old bay seasoning (recipe follows)
- Line wings on a foil covered cookie sheet, or broiler pan and bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Halfway through the cook time, flip wings over to ensure both sides become crispy.
- Mix vinegar and salt in a separate bowl.
- Toss cooked, crispy wings in vinegar and salt mixture.
Old Bay Seasoning:
2 Tablespoons ground bay leaves
2 Tablespoons celery salt
1 Tablespoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoons white pepper
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground mace
1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom