It’s conference weekend! I absolutely love conference weekend! We were very fortunate to have Andie over last night and she demanded breakfast this morning. Matt was happy to oblige and make her his perfect waffles. This recipe only makes 4 waffles so be warned! These are the perfect combination of crunch and flaver!
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/3 cup of cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of buttermilk
1/3 cup vegtetable oil
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl mix together flour cornstarch, baking powder baking soda and salt.
2. Add buttermilk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix together well. Meaning until there are no clumps.
3. Allow the batter to sit for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat waffle iron. Do not use non stick spray!
5. Serve with toppings of your choice! We used Raspberry Rhubarb jam and Buttermilk syrup!