Apples seem to be the theme of fall! We can’t get enough of them and we love coming up with recipes to use these little gems. If I can combine apples, cheesecake and caramel, I’m a happy girl. You know you need a scrumptious treat on Sunday afternoon. You will all be happy campers after you make these. CAUTION: You won’t be able to stop eating these bars!
2 cups flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 sticks butter, softened
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 stick butter, softened
2 sticks of butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can corn syrup
1 can white sugar
1 can brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13×9 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. With a fork mix in butter into the flour mixture until it’s crumbly and well blended.
- Press evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a different bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar with your mixer, until smooth. Then add eggs, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour on warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, 2 Tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with the streusel topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Caramel topping: In a medium saucepan, melt butter on a medium heat. Add the sweetened condensed milk and then use the can to measure the white and brown sugar, and then add them to the pan.
- Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil. Keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Drizzle that golden goodness over the cheesecake!