Apples seem to be the theme of fall! We can’t get enough of them and we love coming up with recipes to use these little gems.
If I can combine apples, cheesecake, and caramel, I’m a happy girl. You know you need a scrumptious treat on Sunday afternoon. You will all be happy campers after you make these.
CAUTION: You won’t be able to stop eating these bars!
2 cups flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 sticks butter, softened
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1 stick butter, softened
2 sticks of butter
1 can sweeten condensed milk
1 can corn syrup
1 can white sugar
1 can brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13×9 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. With a fork mix in butter into the flour mixture until it’s crumbly and well blended.
- Press evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a different bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar with your mixer, until smooth. Then add eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour on warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, 2 Tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with the streusel topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Caramel topping: In a medium saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Add the sweetened condensed milk and then use the can to measure the white and brown sugar, and then add them to the pan.
- Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil. Keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Drizzle that golden goodness over the cheesecake!