I don’t know if you’re like me but I love a clean house but I wish someone else would clean it! The dirty clothes seem to have baby dirty clothes and just when you thought all the dishes were clean, one shows up in the sink! Here are 5 tips to make your house cleaning go a little faster.
1. Dishwasher Duty: Once a week, shake baking soda on a wet sponger and wipe around the machine’s edges to remove food or stains. To clean the inside, run an empty cycle with Dishwasher Magic. During the winter, add a quarter cup of bleach to the regular dish cycle to kill the bacteria. The dishes will be safe and sanitized after the rinse cycle has finished.
2. Make it shine like the top of the Chrysler building: Rubbing a teaspoon of lemon oil on the glass shower door twice a month causes water to bead up and roll off.
3. Bedtime is cleaning time: When kids are getting ready for bed, wipe down the tub, toilet and mirrors, and toss out the clutter. When they’re finished, quickly wipe down the sink and floor.
4. To The Rescue: Do a 5 minute sweep through each room, taking a laundry basket with you. Place in it anything that doesn’t belong in that room, then put away the stuff that does belong.
5. Stop the clutter at the front door: Mount a plastic or cloth shoe rack inside your front entry closet door and use it to stash all kinds of living room things-toys. gloves, magazines. You can even designate one of the pockets for mail.