We have so much fun on Sunday! The family gets together for dinner and its a great time to try out new recipes! Zac was excited to have us try his new found creation. I know, some of you probably have had the privilege of having these little gems in your life for awhile but they are new to us! A light and airy cookie that will be sure to please!
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
6 Tablespoons superfine sugar
1 cup almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoons finely ground almonds
1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees. Place cupcake liners into muffin tins.
- Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl until thick, about 5 minutes. Whisk the superfine sugar into the egg whites until thick, glossy, and the mixture holds stiff peaks, 5 to 8 more minutes.
- Place a sieve over the bowl containing egg whites and sieve both amounts of almond flour and powdered sugar into the egg white mixture.
- Gently fold the almond flour and powdered sugar into the egg whites, retaining as much air as possible.
- Separate the meringue into separate bowls to flavor and color, if desired. Spoon a 1 inch disk of meringue into the cupcake liners.
- Let the cookies stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes to form a thin skin.
- Bake in oven until the tops are dry, about 15 minutes; let cool completely before peeling off the cupcake liner.
- Fill cookies with your favorite filling. You can use, whipping cream, jam or butter cream icing. The sky’s the limit!