Ice Cream Taco
I always love when Lisa has her friends over because it gives me an excuse to try something new! This is a super fun little idea and really easy to do. The taco shells are covered with cinnamon, sugar and really crunchy.
Ice Cream Taco
Tortilla soft shells
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Favorite fruit, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a cookie sheet on the bottom rack, so it can catch any of the crumbs.
- In a pie tin, combine sugar and cinnamon. Thinly spread vegetable oil onto the tortilla shell. Place shell into the sugar mixture and make sure it is well covered.
- Fold the shell over the rods of a metal cooling rack. Place the rack on pans that will let the shells dangle without touching the oven shelf. We used bread pans on each end of the rack.
- Bake until the shell is firm. Depending on the oven it can take anywhere 3 to 5 minutes.
- As soon as you can, without burning yourself, remove the shells from the cooling racks.
- Fill the shells with your favorite ice cream and garnish with beautiful fruit.
7 thoughts on “Easy Ice Cream Taco”
Your Ice Cream taco are so creative. Pinned. Is your linky live. I'm looking for it right now. Thanks for the invite. 🙂
It closed yesterday. It opens on Monday at 7 pm. I hope you can stop by then!
Great idea! =)
What a tasty idea! I wish you had a picture of how you arranged the shells inside the oven.
I think ice cream in cinnamon sugar shells would definitely be a crowd pleaser 🙂
what a fun idea! the grands will love this I am sure – who wouldn't want an ice cream taco!!
What a great idea. These look delicious.
Debi @ Adorned From Above