I don’t like to mess around with crazy hard chili because I am a picky eater! Matt and I both don’t love spicy food, so I made the most simple chili you can make and it tasted awesome! You guys should give it a try!
1 lb ground beef (browned)
2 onions (chopped)
4 garlic cloves (chopped)
2 – 14 oz cans of diced tomatoes undrained
1 – 15 oz can of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 – 15oz cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup water
1. Saute ground beef with garlic and onions until the meat is brown. Stir to break down the meat. Drain well.
2. Mix remaining ingredients except for cornstarch and water in the crockpot.
3. Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
4. Turn the heat up to high. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth and add to chili, stirring well.
5. Uncover and let cook for 20 minutes until sauce is thickened to desired consistency.
6. Top with cheddar cheese!