Matt loves his spaghetti
and marinara sauce, so I just had to try and make my own! Give it a try! I hope you like it as much as we did!!
- 1/2 pound of beef or Italian sausage
- 2 28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of diced yellow onion
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. of parsley
- 1 tbsp. of fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of cracked black pepper
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium high flame. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and let the ingredients simmer over a low heat until the sauce thickens.
3. In a separate pan brown the meat and then add to the sauce.
4. Add more salt and pepper if necessary. Season to taste!
2 thoughts on “Easy Homemade Marinara”
I love, repeat love, homemade sauces. Thanks for sharing this!
Have everything but the cider vinegar going grocery Wed. will get and make soon.