Seriously, I can’t believe how many different foods there is in the world! When we find something that we have never tried before and I’m like “WOW” why didn’t I know about this. This little cheese bread fits in this category! Yes, Zac found these little delights and we are glad he did. They are perfect little snacks or a great side dish that are gluten free.
2 cups Tapioca flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
* Tapioca flour can be found at specialty stores such as Whole foods, Asian Markets or Winco. It is also called manioc starch or tapioca starch.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, salt, and butter to a boil, while stirring constantly.
- Once boiling remove the mixture of milk mixture from heat.
- Slowly add tapioca flour, stirring constantly with a whisk, until thoroughly mixed
- Add the cheese and eggs to the mixture
- Mix until smooth
- Fill each mini muffin cup all the way up
- Bake until golden brown, 17 to 20 minutes.
Eat while hot. Cooked puffs can be stored, in the fridge as as it’s kept covered and then warmed up on a low setting in the oven.