When I was first married to my husband, my cute mother in law would make this yummy blend of fruit and ice cream for special occasions, and it made the celebration sparkle! We haven’t had it for a while and I was craving it!
This is a blend of two different kinds of ice cream and a party of fruit and nuts. A surprise around every corner. Beverly would make it with pineapple sherbet but I couldn’t find any, so we tried a different sherbet. Both works!!
1 quart of orange sherbet or pineapple
1 quart of vanilla ice cream
1 1/2 cups of raspberries
1 1/2 cups bananas. cubed
1 1/2 cups of favorite nuts
- Leave ice cream on counter until it softens.
- Blend both the ice cream and sherbet together, in a large bowl.
- Add the fruit and the nuts and gently fold into the ice cream mixture.
- Cover bowl and place in the freezer until the ice cream sets up.
- Scoop into cup and cover with lemon- lime soda.