I cruising around JoAnn’s the other day and came across this little beauty….a ice cream sandwich pan! It looked so fun and I knew my family would be happy campers with my find.
The pan had a recipe on the back that sounded awesome but after making a batch and having a complete failure, I decided to tweek it a little and taa daah, it worked! You don’t need this pan to make your own but it sure helps!
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick of butter
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips ( I used milk chocolate)
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
ice cream ( I used rocky road)
Your favorite toppings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips. It takes about 40 to 60 seconds. Make sure to stir them every 30 seconds, to make sure you don’t over cook them.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs, and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture . Stir until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Spoon about 2 Tablespoons into each pan cavity. Spread evenly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to an angle comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Scoop ice cream onto the smooth side of half the brownies. Top with remaining brownies, press gently. Freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare your dipping chocolate according to the packages instructions.
- Dip each sandwich in the chocolate and drizzle sprinkles on chocolate.
- Place in freezer until chocolate is harden.