I have picky eaters at my house and it’s hard to find something that Miss Lisa will even try! I’m not a big tomato lover when its added to a chicken casserole but I could not stop eating this casserole and yes, my girls loved it! There are so many flavors going on that your mouth will be so happy!
1 28 ounce can of whole peeled tomatoes
1 Tablespoon oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup water
1 to 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
12 ounces pasta, your choice
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 pound chicken cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Add oil to a skillet and add garlic, onion, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for a couple minutes.
- Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, 1 cup chicken broth and pasta to the skillet. Bring it to a vigorous simmer and stir. Cover and allow to simmer for about 16 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, chicken and add salt if needed.
- Transfer to a baking dish and if it seems dry add a 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese to the top. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, uncovered.
1 cup Mozzarella cheese