We had a busy night the other day and that means it’s time to bring out the Crockpot!!!! This recipe is soooooo good and the chicken is so tender. The great thing about this recipe is that I already had everything at the house to make it.
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 chicken legs, feel free to use other cuts of chicken
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons water
sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a saucepan add the honey, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and black pepper. Bring the mix to a boil, then lower the temperature and simmer for about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Spray the Crockpot with cooking spray and place the chicken inside. Pour the sauce over the chicken and move the chicken around to coat with the sauce.
- Place the lid on and cook on low for about 5 hours, flip the chicken a couple of times during the cooking time.
- Once finished cooking, remove the chicken. In a bowl, mix the cornstarch and water together until smooth, then pour into the Crockpot with the sauce.
- Mix together, place the chicken back into the Crockpot and let cook for about 10 minutes or until your sauce thickens.
- If want to speed up the process of thickening the sauce, you can pour the sauce into a saucepan.