Cinnamon Raisin Cookies!
My husband loves Raisin cookies!! When we were first married, I use to make these cookies all time.
I don’t know why stopped but he begged for them the other day and being the loving wife that I am, I made them!
The raisins are so plump in this recipe that I just want to eat the raisins!!!
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups raisins
1 cup of water
1 cup of chocolate chips
3 to 3/12 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with a non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a small pan, boil the raisins in the water for 3 to 5 minutes, and let cool. This will plump up the raisins.
- Cream together, the sugar, shortening, butter, and vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each one.
- Add the raisin mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Add to the butter mixture. The batter will be really moist and that is fine.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips. Depending on how big you want the cookie, use a spoon to place dough on the cookie sheet. They rarely spread.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.