We have a few people in our family that absolutely LOVE salt!!! Without mentioning any names, “Ben”!!! The other night when I was cruising the internet I found these little gems and thought, maybe we can get the family members that are addicted to eating salt to use it for a higher purpose.
1. Get Rid of Drain Smells. If you add a tablespoon of salt to a quart of boiling water and pour it down your drain, it will clear away the odor causing grease and bits of food.
2. No More Slugs. Salt will kill slugs that invade your yard! Lure them away from your grass and flowers by placing a orange rind face down in the soil. The slugs will gather under the cool space, then drop them into a bucket of salty water.
3. Getting Rid of Rust. Make a paste of 6 Tablespoons salt and two Tablespoons of lemon juice on a dry cloth to wipe away rust, for about anything made out of metal. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
4. Cleaning a greasy pan. The greasiest iron pan will wash easily if you use a little salt in it and wipe with a paper towel.
5. Cleaning refrigerators. Use salt and soda water to clean and sweeten the inside of your fridge. It won’t scratch the enamel either.