I love Sundays! I get to see most of my kids on this day and so I always try to think of a new dish that we haven’t had for this special day. My husband wanted a Banana Cream Pie for Christmas but it seemed like a crazy time to have that dessert and the holidays get crazy, busy around here, so I never got around to it. I know I’m late, but I finally got around to banana dessert! Not pie, but you will totally love this! Strawberries are in season and so I had to throw some in.
This is so simple but so rich and satisfying.
1 12 ounce Cool Whip
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 8 ounce whipped package cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups milk
1 5 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
6 to 8 bananas, slice
1 container fresh strawberries, slice
1 box Vanilla Wafers
- Depending on how you want to serve your pudding, this can differ. If you want to do it in a 9×12 baking dish, line the bottom with Vanilla wafers and a layer of bananas and strawberries. (If you want to do it in the mason jars, I would wait until you make the cream mixture before layering).
- In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix, mix well and until the pudding thickens.
- Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth.
- Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding and stir until well blended.
- If using the 9×12 dish, pour the mixture over the cookies and fruit and cover with a layer of fruit and then the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mason jars: start with cookies then fruit and then the pudding mixture and repeat until the jar is full! This would be great with any kind of fruit!