Happy Mother’s Day!!! If your like me, this time of year is so busy and things sneak up on you, like Mother’s Day. Hopefully, your cute families will already have a amazing idea for you but we all have mom’s and sometimes it’s hard to think of something that she doesn’t already have!!! I believe that a present can be amazing no matter how much you spend on it, if you really think about what the person really loves and what is important to them NOT what kind of present you would like to receive. I hope this list will help!!!
1. Why I love you Mom: Write a letter to your mom telling her what makes her special to you. So much better than a Hallmark card!!!
2. Photo Book: There is so many sites that you can use and it is so easy to do. They have the format and all you have to do is upload the pictures that you already have! We have used Shutterfly tons and right now, they have a 50% discount!! Woo Hoo! http://www.shutterfly.com
3. Flowers for her yard: A flat of flowers or a hanging basket would be so fun!! But if you give her the flat of flowers, make sure you help her plant them! Great time to spend a little quality time with your mom.
4. A Date Night: Get movie tickets and a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant and plan a night that you can take her on a date!!! As a mom of older kids, I know how I love to have one on one time with each of my cuties!
5. Jewelry: I don’t wear a lot of jewelry but I know quite of few of you ladies love your jewelry. I love things that have meaning, this cute site has jewelry with your kids names on it and it’s cute!!! Not tacky! Right now, for Mother’s Day they will give you free shipping on orders over $150. http://www.nelleandlizzy.com
6. Give them a experience!: I love making memories!!! Cloud 9 is a really cool website that has different experiences all over the country that you can give to your mom. Hot air balloon rides, golf, white water rafting and more! http://www.cloud9living.com
7. Handmade gift: How many times through your life has your mom made you something?
8. Spa Coupon: It’s time for your mom to get pampered!!!
9. Tickets to the Theatre: I love musicals!!! If your mom loves plays find out what is coming to your city and purchase the tickets. “Wicked” came to our city and I gave my girls tickets for their birthdays tied to a witch hat! They were thrilled!!
10. Concert Tickets: You know that music that your mom used to play while she was cleaning the house?? If possible, get her tickets to their concert. Yes, mom’s love music!!
11. A Basket of Memories: Collect things that remind you of your mom! Add little cards with memories and why you chose that item.
12. Cook her favorite dinner: Call your mom up and ask her what she would like to eat on Mother’s day. Better yet, show her that you have noticed what she loves to eat, and surprise her with her favorite meal. We do this for birthdays and my Zac has done it a couple of times for me. Remember, to do the dishes!!
13. Heart Attack: Cover your mom’s front door with hearts and little notes. A lot of us have done this for Valentine’s day but how fun would it be to wake up to this!!!
14. Sidewalk art: This would be so fun to get your own kids involved. The night before, become secret agents and decorate your mom’s sidewalk with LOVE!! All you need is chalk and little budding artists!
15. Make a music video: Gather the family together and choose a fun song. Then act out the song and lip sync the words. How fun would it be to watch your cute family and what memories will you create by make this present!!