The only thing I can think about is “spring”!! It’s time to jump right into fresh and springy flavors. This one of my favorite time in the year and all I want to do is celebrate. Strawberries are coming into season and it is a good time to try something new. This recipe is really easy and at the end, you will have a beautiful loaf of bread. My husband didn’t know at first if he liked it because he loves banana bread and didn’t know if this one matched up, but by third piece he was convinced!!
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
3/4 cups almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Stir into flour mixture only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in strawberries and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9×3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Remove from the pan to cool completely.
A dab of Cool Whip tastes delicious with this bread!!!!