My husband needed to take a treat to his manager’s meeting at work and we decided that we would make some yummy cupcakes. I tried a recipe that I found on Pinterest and it was a epic failure!! The cupcakes deflated!!! We came to the conclusion that we would make a Snickers cupcake and it was a SUCCESS!!! You really can’t go wrong with chocolate and caramel together.
1 Devil’s food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup warm water
1 teaspoon vanilla
24 to 30 frozen Snickers miniatures
2 sticks of butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup caramel topping
4 to 5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs, vanilla and water.
- Evenly divide the batter in the prepared liners, about 3/4 full.
- Gently push a frozen Snickers bar into the center of the batter and smooth the surface making sure to cover the candy bar with batter, or you can gently press the candy bar into the middle after the cupcake is cooked.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until the top is bounces back by touch.
- Cool cupcakes thoroughly.
- Frosting: Cream the butter, vanilla and caramel syrup and combine well.
- Add the sugar and mix thoroughly. After all the sugar has been added, give it a taste and decide if you want more caramel or decide if want thicker frosting.
- Garnish with a piece of Snickers and a little chocolate sauce.