Potatoes are always a yummy choice for a side dish! I love this recipe!!! It looks cute on your plate but your family will love the flavor!!
3 pounds baby red potatoes, washed
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix
Cheddar cheese, shredded
· Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Dip potatoes in olive oil and place on a cookie sheet. Cook potatoes until they are tender but not too soft.
· When they are cool, heat the about a ¼ inch of olive oil into a frying pan. Gently smash the potatoes with the palm of your hand, slightly flattening the potato.
· Making a single layer on potatoes in the pan, start frying until one side is golden brown.
· Flip the potato over, sprinkle with the ranch dip and garlic salt. Cook the other side until golden brown. Add a little cheese on top of each potato.
· Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle the other side with the remaining ranch and garlic salt.