We love Chinese food!! When we order out on the weekends it is usually Chinese Take out.
Lately, we have been a little disappointed in our local restaurant, so we have been on a quest to come up with yummy Chinese recipes. It doesn’t hurt if the slow cooker is in the mix.
Nothing is better than throwing everything in the Crockpot and forgetting about it until your stomach reminds you it is time for dinner!!!
My family really enjoyed this and it is on the top of the list of redo, make it again!!! I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe.
4 to 5 chicken breasts(boneless, skinless), cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 Tablespoons Rice vinegar
4 Tablespoons Ketchup
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
4 Garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup green beans
1 cup yellow pepper, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
1 to 1 1/2 cups Cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in a Ziploc bag. Add the chicken and shake to coat the chicken. Put in the refrigerator for about an hour and the coating will stick better to your chicken bites.
- Heat the oil in the skillet on medium heat. Brown chicken for about 4 minutes on each side. Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes. Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Add fresh veggies after 2 hours. If you are not going to be home, add them with the sauce.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir.
- Serve over rice or Chinese noodles.