What’s for dinner???? How many times do you find yourself wondering what your going to feed your lovely family??? This has so many veggies included in this recipe that you will feel like Super Mom. The great thing about this recipe is that if you have any leftovers (which you probably won’t) it will be even better the next day.
16 ounce bag of Pasta- your choice (always cook at dente in salt water according to package directions)
2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 to 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 small onion, diced
2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, long thin slices
1 cup Peas
1 cup Asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 cup grape tomatoes
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Cook your pasta and let it drain. Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in a skillet over a medium heat and cook chicken, garlic and onion, until the chicken is done.
- Add the bell pepper and asparagus and cook until veggies are softened. Add the tomatoes at the very end.
- When everything is cooked, combine the veggies with the chicken in a big bowl.
- In your skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Toss in the flour and stir, cooking 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the heavy cream and milk while stirring to prevent any clumps.
- Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and allow to simmer until it starts to boil.
- Keep stirring! When your sauce begins to thicken and bubble, turn off the heat and add in the cheese. Stir it until the cheese melts.
- Add the sauce to the pasta mixture and gently stir until everything is coated.