Okay, it’s true!!!!! We love soup at our house, especially in the winter months. My husband is the guru of soup!! If you like a good chicken pot pie, you will like this soup. It is so creamy and full of veggies that is a satisfying meal for the family. The puff pastry gives it the finishing touch!
Puff Pastry, thawed
2 Chicken Breasts, cooked, diced
2 Tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup Carrots, diced
1/2 cup Celery, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, minced
3 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
1 cup Half & Half
1/2 cup Corn
1/2 cup Peas
5 small Potatoes, diced
2 Tablespoon Flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a large pot, melt butter. Stir in onions, carrots, celery, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until soft.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into biscuit shapes. Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick spray. Brush with a beaten egg and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. They will be golden brown.
- Now back to the soup! Add potatoes, stock, and half and half, stir well.
- In a small cup add your flour in a 1/2 cup of your stock, mix well until there isn’t any lumps. Slowly add this to the soup and stir until it comes to a bubble and then reduce the heat.
- Add the chicken, peas and corn. Cover and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- When you serve the soup, place a puff pastry to each bowl, and enjoy!!!!
Note: My husband will use Shirley J Chicken Slow Cooker to make his stock for the soup, but normal stock will do!!