Bacon Pasta Carbonara
Bacon Pasta Carbonara! The easiest pasta dish you will ever make with just 8 ingredients in 15 min, loaded with Parmesan and crisp bacon goodness!
Do you know what your making for dinner tonight?? I love recipes that are quick to throw together but taste better than anything that you could buy at a restaurant. My picky daughter’s give this recipe two thumbs up!!! It so cheesy and the bacon gives the dish so much flavor. Get ready, you will love this!
12 ounces pasta, your choice
1 package of thick cut bacon, chopped
1 whole onion, diced
3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
3 whole eggs
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
3/4 cup half and half
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup frozen peas
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon until its barely crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan onto a plate covered with paper towels. Pour off all the bacon grease but about 2 tablespoons.
- Return the pan to the stove on a medium heat and put the onions and garlic into the pan. Cook until golden brown. Set it to the side.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, cheese, half and half , salt, and pepper until its smooth.
- When the pasta is done, reserve a cup of pasta water. Drain the pasta and place it in a bowl. While the pasta is still really hot, slowly drizzle the egg mixture onto the noodles. Stir the pasta the whole time. The sauce will become thick and should coat the pasta. Add a little hot pasta water, if needed for consistency.
- Halfway through, add the peas, bacon and sautéed onion/garlic. Stir until it’s all combined.
- Serve immediately, you can add extra cheese to top it off.