My husband came home from work the other day pumped because someone had bought him a sandwich from Zupas and he was in love!! He wanted to crack the code, to come up with a recipe that would match that heavenly sandwich that he had experienced earlier that day.
This is close to the Zupas sandwich with our little twist!! I hope you enjoy this yummy sandwich that will change your life.
Thai Peanut Sauce:
1 cup chicken bouillon- use the cube or powder not the canned
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Prepare chicken bouillon in a saucepan on the a medium heat. Bring to a slow boil. Add the remaining ingredients, and whish until its thick and creamy.
- You can serve this sauce on veggies, chicken and pasta.
Curry Chicken Salad:
2 cups chicken, cubed ( I used rotisserie chicken because I think its moist)
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, plain
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Sriracha Chili sauce
- Place chicken in a bowl and add yogurt, curry powder and lemon juice.
- Mix together with a fork.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare peanut sauce and curry chicken salad. You can slice some cucumbers thinly.
- Toast the Ciabatta bun under the broiler in the oven.
- On the bottom roll, make a layer of chicken salad add a teaspoon of sweet chili sauce, cucumbers and then romaine lettuce.
- On the top roll, spread a thin layer of peanut sauce.