We love steak and everything sandwiches!! It has so many flavors from the different veggies that makes your tummy happy. I always trying to come up with something new and my husbands really liked this recipe. You can use a regular potato or even a sweet potato.
4 to 5 potatoes, washed
1 pound of beef stir fry meat
salt and pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, sliced into long strips
1 green bell pepper, sliced into long strips
1 to 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
4 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub potatoes with olive oil and salt. Bake for an hour or until potatoes are done.
- Heat a large skillet on a medium heat. Spray with a cooking spray and add the meat, and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes, then turn and cook an additional couple of minutes or until onions are golden.
- Add mushrooms, cook for about a 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, then turn mushrooms and cook another minute.
- Split the potato in half, then divide the steak and veggies evenly over each potato and top each with a slice of provolone.
- Place under the broiler to melt the cheese, be careful not to burn!!
- You can add diced tomatoes and sour cream to put it over the top.