I’m always trying to find new ways to get my girls excited about eating fruit. They like fruit but like most kids it won’t be the first choice for a snack. I can honestly say that my girls really like this fruit salsa!!!!
The fun thing about this is you can add your favorite fruit and leave out the ones your family won’t eat. Hmmmmm………………….they might find out that they like all the fruits you add to your fruit salsa and ask for this first for their treat!!!
2 Kiwis, peeled and diced
2 apples, peeled and diced
1 cup raspberries
2 cups strawberries, diced
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 Tablespoons strawberry preserves
10 flour tortillas
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, lemon juice and strawberry preserves.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tortillas either in strips or you can use your cookie cutters to make shapes. Mix cinnamon and sugar and put into a pie tin.
- Dip cut tortilla into melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortilla shapes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.