While we were grocery shopping the other day, my husband kept telling me that we needed to buy some Oreo cookies. I thought that he was silly because we always make some kind of treat on Sunday, so why would we need to buy cookies?????
Browsing around trying to be inspired on what to make for our treat, a light bulb went off and this is what I came up with. My husband did a happy dance because I should of listened to him and bought the Oreo cookies the first time.
I made two different kinds of cookies on this day and both of my girls told me that these were their favorite!!!
1 stick of butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 to 12 Oreo Cookies, crushed
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in Oreos and chocolate chips, mix well.
- Make golf size balls out of the dough, and place them on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, but still soft.