It’s been so cold this winter and when you come home from work, all you want is something warm!! We have our standby soups that we make all the time, it was time for us to step out our box and come up with something new. I love this soup!!! It’s so cheesy and full of flavor, your family will love this soup.
Extra Virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/3 cup plus 2 Tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
6 cups chicken broth
1 baguette, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
salt and pepper, to taste
8 ounces cheddar cheese
8 ounces mozzarella cheese
1 to 1 1/2 pounds stew meat
1/4 cup jarred slice pepperoncini
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens.
- Add 1/3 cup flour, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes/ Add the chicken broth and 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the veggies are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the bread cubes with 1 Tablespoon olive oil on a baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes; set aside.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth. Return to the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a medium low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cheddar, mozzarella and the remaining 2 Tablespoons flour in a bowl; slowly whish the cheese mixture into the soup until melted.
- Heat the 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet on a medium heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Stir in the pepperoncini and season with salt and pepper.
- Add beef to the soup, and mix well.
- When serving; top with the croutons.