These little gems are a small piece of heaven!!!! Seriously, they will be gone before you can bake all the dough. I made these the other day and my girls were skeptical but once they had eaten one, I could not keep them out of the rest. I had to hide a small cup of them for my husband because they are incredibly delicious!! So simple to make, you can throw them together in just a few minutes.
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set to the side.
- Combine sugar and butter on a medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- With the mixer on a low speed, add milk and then the flour mixture. Mix until well incorporated.
- Using a spoon, fill each muffing tin, about 2/3 full. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the churro bites are baking, melt butter in a bowl and combine cinnamon and sugar in a pie tin.
- When the churro bites are done, immediately remove them from the pan and dip each bite in the butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.