Last Sunday, it was time to try something new and this is what we came up with. Casseroles are great because they are super easy to throw together but pack a punch with flavor. I didn’t know how this would turn out but how can you go wrong with these ingredients! Kid friendly recipe, not too spicy but you could take it up a notch, if you love the heat.
1 package corn muffin mix (we used Jiffy)
1 can cream style corn
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 (8 ounce) taco cheese blend, shredded
1 can mild enchilada sauce
3 cups shredded cooked chicken (we used rotisserie)
Garnish with sour cream and lime wedge (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray baking dish with a non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, corn, eggs, milk, chili powder, cumin and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pierce casserole with a small knife in about 12 places and spread enchilada sauce over the top. Scatter chicken and remaining cheese over casserole; bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and cut. Garnish!