This week, I have been on a mission to find delicious and easy Crockpot dishes. It’s so nice to come home from work and have something ready for dinner. If I don’t have something ready, there is a chance that we will hit McDonalds and eat something off the Dollar Menu.
I can add this one to my list of favorites! The meat is so tender, full of flavor and really juicy.
3 to 4 pound pork shoulder roast
1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
2 cups apricot and pineapple preserves
1 envelope onion soup mix
3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix bbq sauce, apricot-pineapple preserves. onion soup mix, Dijon mustard and soy sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Place roast into your Crockpot. Pour sauce over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Shred meat with 2 forks and use a spoon to serve on the bun.
- Drizzle the juice on top.
I love to place my bun in the oven on broil to toast it up and melt my favorite cheese before I load it up with meat.