Have you ever found out the last minute that you were having guests for dinner? When I’m in that situation, I quickly think of everything I have in the house and try to come up with something yummy with the ingredients I already have. It’s a given, you have to have a delicious dessert!
I made these little gems the other night and Andie just shook her head and said.” You’re making a dessert out of biscuits?”,and again she let me know that she didn’t like apples. By the time they were done and she took a little taste to make her mom happy, she couldn’t deny that she loved it!
Really easy and surprisingly really delicious!
1 can of buttermilk biscuits (12 ounce)
3 Tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped apples
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
a pinch of cloves
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
24 caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Separate dough into biscuits. Press into ungreased mini muffin cups.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Cut a 1 inch slit in the top of each biscuit.
- In a skillet, melt butter over a medium heat. Add apples and spices; cook 5 minutes or until apples are tender. Sprinkle brown sugar, cook 2 minutes or until mixture is syrupy. Spoon over biscuits.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and whipping cream uncovered on high for 1 minutes, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over apples.