35 Random Acts of Kindness
I love Christmas!! Time we spend with family, traditions, the lights, the smells, and the magic of the season. As a mom, you all know, we are trying to make sure it’s the best Christmas ever, for our families and we get a little stress by all the things we need to get done. Sometimes it feels like were rushing around so much that we don’t have time to appreciate the true meaning of Christmas!
Every year, I try to take a few minutes a day to find things that will help my family focus on the Christmas spirit. Last year, we did a list of random acts of kindness. The great thing about this, is that it doesn’t take a lot of time to do one a day but boy, does it put a smile on your face for the rest of the day!
You could have a family meeting and come up with your own list or if your family is like mine (a little competitive) you could see who could do the most by Christmas! Trust me, this will make it the BEST Christmas ever!!!!!!
Here is a few suggestions that get you started.
- 12 Days of Christmas for a neighbor or a family member- your kids will love this because they get to be sneaky, while leaving the gift!
- Sub for Santa
- Give your kids old clothes to someone that could use them.
- Shovel someone’s walk
- Leave a treat on someone’s porch. It could be on a random porch!
- Leave a BIG tip! We always order pizza on Christmas eve and we give the delivery person a large tip. It’s really fun!
- Go caroling! Music makes everyone happy!
- Scrape someone’s car windows
- Donate to the Food bank
- Hand out hats and gloves to the homeless
- Pay a strangers bill through the drive thru
- Leave a thank you note for your mailman
- Carry someone’s bags to their car
- Let someone go in front of you in the grocery line
- Donate your old books to a children’s program
- Send flowers to someone
- Do a secret act to a family member
- Buy a young mom a gallon of milk, bread or a bottle of peanut butter
- Leave extra quarters at the Laundromat
- Donate stuffed animals to the police station
- Tie a quilt and donate it to a hospital
- Take some new parents a date night kit (movie rental, popcorn, soda, candy)
- Hand out candy canes
- Give the crossing guard hot chocolate
- Donate blood
- Put your change into the Ronald McDonald box at McDonalds
- Put hearts on someone’s door with words that describe what makes them special!
- Surprise someone with a goodie!
- Send a sunshine box to someone that isn’t feeling well (tissues, cough drops, 7-up, magazine).
- Hide notes around the library to make someone smile.
- Visit a Elderly care center and talk to the them.
- Tell your family that you love them.
- Compliment a stranger
- Return a shopping cart for someone else.