My husband has three flavors of cake that he just loves! Banana, sponge and carrot cake are his all time favorites. A couple of weeks ago, we celebrated his birthday and he requested a carrot cake. I love carrot cake too, but I want one that is super moist and full of flavor. This one steps up to the plate and delivers!!! Lisa, who won’t admit that she likes carrot cake, loved it as well.
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup oil
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups carrots, grated
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour the pans that you will be using.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix together in a bowl, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix for about 2 minutes.
- Add the grated carrots. You can add nuts and raisins if you want.
- Pour the batter into the cake pans and bake 45 to 50 minutes. To check to see if its done, insert toothpick and if it comes out clean, its done.
- Cool completely before you frost the cake.
1 stick of butter
1 package of cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups powder sugar
- In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until creamy. Add powder sugar and beat until fluffy. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat a little longer.