I’m a lucky girl!!! My husband loves to bake bread. A few years ago, he wanted to find the perfect recipe to make the perfect bread. He went through several recipes and found out the combination of things that worked! This is delicious and my kids have decided that they like wheat bread.
It seems that a lot of people are nervous to try making bread and are afraid it will take too much time, but it really isn’t any harder than making a dessert and the time frame is about the same, and nothing tastes better than a warm, yummy piece of homemade bread!!!
6 cups warm water
2 1/2 Tablespoons instant yeast
2 Tablespoons salt
1/2 cup oil
2/3 cup honey
2 Tablespoons vital wheat gluten
2 Tablespoons Dough Enhancer
12 to 15 whole wheat flour
- Mix 8 to 9 cups fresh wheat flour and 2 1/2 Tablespoons yeast together in the bowl of an electric mixer (or in a large bowl by hand). Add 6 cups warm water and mix to paste consistency.
- Cover and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Add salt, honey, oil, gluten and dough enhancer. Mix by turning mixer to a 1 or 2 speed.
- Add additional flour until dough pulls away from sides of bowl ( be careful not to add too much flour).
- Let the mixer knead the dough for five minutes. (If using your hands, knead for 10 minutes.)
- Use cooking spray on your hand to form equal loaves. Mike uses a scale to make sure the loaves are equal parts. Shape into oblong loaves.
- Take dough immediately from bowl and fill lightly greased loaf pans 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Spray tops with non stick spray to keep them moist, or lightly greased wax paper.
- Let the bread rise until it doubles in size, approximately 1 1/2 inches above the top of the pan.
- Place the bread in a COLD oven. Turn the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 38 minutes.
- Let cool completely before placing in bags.
Your Family will Love you!!!