When its Fall, I think Pumpkin!!!!! It seems like you either love pumpkin or you can do without it. I made this on Sunday and we had family members that love pumpkin and others that don’t, but they all really, really liked this dessert!! Its really a quick and easy dessert and you probably have most of the ingredients all ready at your house.
1 box of yellow or white cake mix
8 to 9 Tablespoons of butter
1 16 ounce pumpkin
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
a pinch of cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place 2 cups of the cake mix in a bowl. Cut in 3 to 4 Tablespoons cold butter. Use your hands to mix the cake mix and butter together. Place mixture in a 9×13 baking dish and press flat with your fingers.
- Combine pumpkin, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and spices until smooth. Pour on top of the cake mixture.
- Take the rest of the cake mix and sprinkle it on top of the pumpkin layer. Sprinkle lightly, with cinnamon. Sprinkle the almonds on the top.
- You will have three layers.
- Take 4 Tablespoons of melted butter and drizzle it on top of the dessert.
- The butter will make a golden, and crunchy topping. Cook for 45 to 50 minutes. If your toothpick comes out clean its done!
This is great warm or even at room temperature but remember to serve it with whip cream or a scoop of ice cream!!!!