Its really fun to try new things and new variations on old recipes. This is why we went with this recipe! Its fresh, tasty and easy to make and a good alternative to McDonalds for dinner.
As a busy, working mom and having two busy kids that are involved in several activities, I love to have a plan for dinner and the great thing about this is you can prepare the meat the night before and its ready to cook, when your ready!
1 1/2 pound stir fry meat
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
2 cups fresh snow peas
1 cup green onions
1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
salt to taste
3 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, and ginger. Pour into a gallon ziploc bag and add your stir fry meat and close bag. Shake bag until meat is covered and place bag into the fridge.
- When ready to cook, heat oil in a heavy skillet or wok over high heat. Add the snow peas and stir for 1 minute. remove to a separate dish.
- Allow the pan to get very hot again. Add the meat mixture, leaving most of the marinade in the bag. Add the green onions, and spread out the meat in the pan, but do not stir for at least a minute.(This will allow the meat to brown).
- Turn the meat to the other side and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the rest of the marinade, snow peas and carrots.
- Stir over high heat for 30 seconds, then turn off heat. Check the seasoning and add salt only if it needs it.
- Mixture will thicken as it sits.
Serve immediately over rice. We like to serve with long rice but minute rice will work. Enjoy!