Fall screams Pumpkin!!!!!! I go through a space of time when I crave a certain treat and these cookies are in my rotation. These cookies are so light and fluffy and stuffed full of flavor. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup of sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
3 1/4 cups flour
2 baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
- In your mixer, beat the butter, shortening until smooth. Beat in the white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter. Stir in chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the cookies are browned around the edges.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let them rest for 2 minutes.
- Take the cookies off with a spatula and cool.