Delicious Clam Chowder
When I think about Fall, what comes to mind is the beautiful leaves, crisp air and delicious soup. My husband is the guru of soup!!! My kids tell him all the time that he should open up a restaurant and only serve soup. My Mikie is a perfectionist and stresses about what will make “his” soup the best.
This soup is so great and when you make it, it will be gone before you know it. If your lucky enough to have leftovers, its even better the next day.
6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 Large onion, chopped
2 bottles of clam juice (8 ounce)
4 cans of clams (6.5 ounce)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
- In a large pan, boil potatoes, onion, garlic and celery. Make sure you have enough water to completely cover the veggies and it won’t boil dry.
- Make sure your potatoes are cooked but still slightly firm. Drain water from the pan but leave 2 cups of the water for the stock.
- Add clam juice, clams(do not drain juice), heavy cream, and butter.
- In a small bowl, combine with a whisk, milk and flour until there isn’t any lumps.
- Slowly add the milk mixture to the soup, continually stirring. Keep stirring the soup on a medium heat until soup thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This is one of my comfort foods. It is THAT good!