It took many years to realize that if you cook meat on a low heat for a long time that the meat will come out juicy and tender. This had become my families favorite Sunday dinner! The great thing, you throw it in the crockpot and presto, its done!
2 to 3 pounds Country Ribs
1/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup pepper
- Combine equal parts of paprika, salt and pepper together. It depends how much meat you are working with, you might need more or less.
- Lightly rub the ribs with the seasoning. Place ribs into the crockpot. Cook for 5 to 6 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high. I prefer the low heat.
- Drain the fluids from the meat. Drizzle the barbecue sauce on the ribs and cook for about 30 minutes.
2 cups ketchup
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 tablespoons brown sugar
5 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 Tablespoon black pepper
1/2 Tablespoon onion flakes
1/2 Tablespoon ground mustard
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently for about a hour.
The meat will fall apart!!!!!!! It is sooooooooooooooo good!