Our Slow Cooker Carne Picada Black Bean Tacos recipe will become one of your favorite weeknight meals! It is so incredibly tasty and easy to prepare using your slow cooker.
After a couple of months of making rich and delicious food, we decided to make something more on the light side that still full of taste! This is so yummy and it will leave you wanting more!
2 pounds of Carne Picada
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 10 ounces can tomatoes with mild green chiles
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 garlic clove minced
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup green onions
For the Slaw:
1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
2 teaspoons lime juice
salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown the meat with the minced garlic.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, onions, and spices to the crockpot and mix well.
- Add the meat to the bean mixture and stir.
- Cook on low for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine shredded cabbage with lime juice, season with salt and pepper to taste, place in the refrigerator.
To serve, warm the taco shells according to the package directions. Fill with the meat mixture. Top with the slaw and your favorite toppings! Avocado is deluxe!