I really struggle when I’m asked to bring a salad because I only have a few that I like to make and after a while they seem a little boring. So, I’m trying to broaden my salad recipe realm.
I didn’t really know if this one would taste as good as it sounds………but I was pleasantly surprised! This salad has so many different layers of flavor, that is so addicting!! When I brought it to the barbecue, I did get a few oohs and aahs . This could be your main dish for dinner, just add some garlic bread and you will be ready to feed the family.
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, (pick your favorite)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 can red beans, rinsed and drained
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 ears of fresh corn( or one can of corn drained)
1 cup bell peppers-sliced(pick of couple of colors)
1 cup red onion- chopped
1 tomato- sliced
1 10 ounce bag of lettuce
1 cup Mexican mix cheese- shredded
- To make dressing, combine barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, olive oil, lime juice and red wine vinegar. Whisk together.
- In a bowl, place the lettuce. Top with red beans, corn, sliced peppers, red onion and tomato.
- Add the shredded chicken and toss to combine ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad right before serving. Gently stir to combine.
- Sprinkle cheese on the top.
You can make this ahead but make sure not to add the dressing until your serving the salad.