My kids love doing fun Halloween crafts and projects, so when we saw this fun and cheap cookie cutter set at WalMart we couldn’t resist! I wanted to do something easy with them, and since I was too lazy to make cookie dough and a filling from scratch, I just used the leftover pie crust and pumpkin pie filling from my Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites. The can of pumpkin is still not gone, after 2 different recipes! Hence the pumpkin spice kick I’m on to get rid of it!
Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts
1. Just roll out the pie crust.
2. Cut out the base of the cookie.
3. Add a little egg white to the edges.
4. Put about a tablespoon of pumpkin pie filling in the center of the cookie.
5. Gently top it with the other half of the cookie cut out.
6. Crimp the edges with a fork or gently press the edges together with your fingers.
7. Brush the top of the Pumpkin Pie Pop tart with an egg white wash.
8. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 13 minutes, or until edges are a golden brown.
The Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts were yummy, but the best part of any project like this is seeing how much fun my kids have creating something in the kitchen. I love my little helpers!
I hope this inspires you to do something fun with your kids, or grandkids today! It might make a mess, but the memories are worth it!