Pink Velvet Cupcakes White Chocolate Frosting
Pink Velvet Cupcakes
- 2 cups of unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon pink food coloring
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 – 11.5 oz bag of giradelli white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 6 cups of powdered sugar (or until to desired consistency)
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and food coloring until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Crisco the sides of a medium bowl and put in the white chips. Melt in the microwave in 30-second intervals stirring between each time. When you stir the chips will melt away keep stirring until there are no chunks. It usually takes me about 3 times in the microwave. Make sure that you don’t overcook the chocolate or it’s not as smooth in the frosting. In your stand mixer add your melted chocolate, mix in softened butter, slowly add whipping cream. Then add powdered sugar to desired consistency. Beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until soft peaks form and frosting is light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes.
- Store in the refrigerator.